Advising Office Employment Opportunities
Apply online on the Advising Office Job Application page.
Advising Office Volunteer Opportunities
The Student Ambassadors are current business students who assist the college
with various recruitment activities throughout the year. They serve as hosts/greeters
at recruitment events, serve on student panels, give building tours to visiting
families and correspond with recruits through email and postcards.
Applications are not currently being accepted.
For more information:
Contact Mark Davis or stop by the Business Advising and Student Engagement office.
Become a Student Ambassador
The College of Business is seeking new members to represent the college
as Student Ambassadors. The Ambassadors selected will represent the college during
the academic school year. Their term of service will begin during the fall. Student
Ambassadors will have the opportunity to interact with current students, prospective
students and faculty at various recruitment activities throughout the academic school
year. This is a volunteer position.
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills
- Make meaningful connections with prospective students through sharing personal experiences and knowledge about the College of Business
- Opportunity to work closely with University staff and faculty
- Enhance personal resume
- Completed one semester in the College of Business
- Must currently be enrolled as a full-time student in the College of Business
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Must be available to assist with various recruitment activities
- Ability to relate to students from various regional, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to manage time commitments to ensure academic success and completion of Ambassador duties
The College of Business is currently in the process of completing construction of an $84 million new building scheduled to be completed by August 21
( /about-us/new-building-project/ ). We are currently seeking a highly motivated student assistant to partner with us to provide
assistance with the new building project by providing assistance with facilities needs. Duties include working with the Building and Receiving
manager to help coordinate vendor work on site and guide furniture installs, assist with tours of the new building, working with other members of
ITS to provide coordination assistance with IT installations, assist with the move of over 250 users to the new building, and other duties.
Our ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude as well as excellent skills in the areas of: customer service, communication, troubleshooting,
multitasking and technical abilities. Varying and late hours will be necessary. Applicants must be able to assist until at least August 14, with
the possibility of ongoing work after the new building move in. Hard hat and other safety gear will be provided. Necessary training will be provided.
Applicants must be mature, reliable and be willing to provide resolutions accurately, consistently and promptly. Join the team that works on a wide
range of exciting and rewarding projects to make the College of Business one of the best places to learn on campus. Our team practices a culture
of respect, collaboration,
learning and fun.
$10.15/hour minimum for approximately 20 hours/week
Tier 1 Technician
Information Technology Services is seeking a Tier 1 IT Technician who is highly motivated and driven to provide excellence in customer service.
Primary responsibilities: Providing technical support to students and faculty/staff by email, phone, support tickets, or in person;
including troubleshooting problems with software, operating systems, computer hardware and network connections for faculty, staff and students.
Technicians are expected to maintain a broad and continually evolving knowledge of technology, policies, procedures and end user education.
$10.15 per hour. Up to 20 hours per week. Academic Year + Summer Hrs Possible.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate guidance and assistance in the operation of all hardware, software,
media, multimedia, and other equipment and technology supported by ITS, and resolve
problems or escalate as necessary.
- Proactively respond to walk-in and telephone inquiries by providing accurate answers
and solutions to common questions and problems, and escalating all other issues
as appropriate to help ensure a prompt and positive resolution for the end user.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting functions in ITS computer labs and
classrooms to ensure clean, productive working environments, and to resolve problems,
or escalate as appropriate.
- Closely follow timelines, checklists, and other reminders to ensure routine tasks
are properly and consistently completed.
- Enforce policies in ITS computer labs and classrooms.
- Maintain clean working spaces in all ITS computer labs and classrooms, as well as
in the User Services and storage areas of the ITS department.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of ITS.
- Continually build and improve job-related skills and knowledge, especially during
Projects and Infrastructure Technician
Information Technology Services is currently seeking highly motivated, customer oriented projects and infrastructure technicians to provide
computer support and deployment of systems for end users. Successful applicants will possess excellent customer service, communication,
troubleshooting, multitasking, and technical skills. Responsibilities include maintaining a broad and continually evolving knowledge of
technology (computer hardware and software, printers, networks, client management tools), policies, procedure and end user education.
Must have maturity, attention to detail and reliability to provide user support accurately and consistently. Join our team and work on
exciting and challenging IT projects within a culture based on respect and collaboration. Pay is starting at $10.15/hour for 15-20 hours
per week Monday-Friday. Work study desirable.
Apply online at Technical Services Application.
To be considered you must indicate your available hours for the Fall 2015 semester.
For questions, contact Jeff Sherrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-472-5251. Applicants must be currently enrolled
Nebraska students taking at least one credit hour.